It’s a simple celebration. What can you do to make it a special celebration? You want everyone at the party to participate. It’s time that you set those sparklers alight!. Now hold on before you start handing out sparklers and lighters to all your guests, there are some things you need to know to keep everyone safe. Pink Sparklers
- The most important thing when you are lighting sparklers is the timing. Select them depending on the event and the people around you. 36″ sparklers burn for the longest amount of time. They typically burn for 3-4 minutes. For this reason they are normally used as wedding sparklers. For occasions like birthdays, you might not need sparklers to burn for such a long period. You can use 20″ and 14″ for that purpose.
- Sparklers are generally safe. Safer than most other fireworks at least. However, this does not mean that you can be totally carefree. Whatever you do, NEVER let young children light them on their own. Similarly, they are not for children under 5 years. Always have a pail of water around to dispose of them properly.
- Colored sparklers hold a lot of significance. If you are lighting them in a wedding, go for the gold 36″ sparklers.
- It is also important that you light them properly. Never use matches to light sparklers. Not only will they make lighting more difficult, but they also guarantee more risks of potential fire hazards. For lighting purposes, push button butane torches work best. They come in many hand held sizes and are fairly simple to use.
- The last thing you need to remember is how to correctly dispose of the sparklers. You may not notice until you step on a hot sparkler wire bare footed, but sparklers remain hot for several minutes after they burn out. Since they burn at very high temperatures, careless discarding of sparklers can lead to hazardous situations. Put a bucket of water near you. Dip them in it before throwing them into a trash receptacle but do not throw them in with other garbage. Instead gather them in a place and make sure they have completely burnt out and then throw them away.